Saturday, March 19, 2011

Stinginess of spirit

I was reading a novel recently, and this phrase was used to describe someone, and it struck me, as I've known people to whom this description refers. Haven't we all, in our lives, come across someone whose "stinginess of spirit" affected those around them, but we've never known exactly how to describe it. Or how to handle it.  Or why some people are that way. Are they born like that? Or do they start out sweet and then turn sour somehow, something just sends their lives spinning in a different direction? I don't know, but I do know this...I'm at a point in my life where I have no room for people like that. And a point in my life where I can pretty much just write them out of my sphere.  Maybe I'm just at a point where I am stronger and more capable of cutting such people out of my life; maybe I could have done that years ago but was just too polite to do so. No more Ms. Nice Guy here! All you stingy people, out of my life for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment